Zest for Life contains everything you need to meet the objectives of the Specification for Junior Cycle Home Economics.
Zest for Life
Zest for Life – Junior Cycle Home Economics
Zest for Life contains everything you need to meet the objectives of the Specification for Junior Cycle Home Economics. Three interconnected contextual strands put the emphasis on being healthy, sustainable and making good choices.
- Provides all you need to meet the objectives of the Specification
- Three interconnected contextual strands put the emphasis on being healthy, sustainable and making good choices
- Ensures students are fully engaged and demonstrating attainment of each Learning Outcome
- The Teacher’s Resource Book is an invaluable toolkit to support you through the new course and help you plan with ease
- Written by a Home Economics teacher and examiner with over 30 years’ experience, along with a consultant from the Development Committee
Zest for Life; Passion for Learning!
Every feature has been conceived to ensure your teaching is in line with the Learning Outcomes and prepares students for the various assessment methods they will encounter.
- Integrated approach to topics as recommended in the Specification
- Assessment for Learning (AfL) approach guides the learning as recommended in the Junior Cycle Framework
- Learning Outcomes listed at the start of each chapter for ease of planning
- Learning intentions in the ‘What I Will Learn’ section break down the Learning Outcomes for the student
- Key Words to understanding the concept of the chapter/topic are given at the start
- Revision Toolkit provides hints, tips and mnemonics to help students be exam ready
- Definitions of various key terms are given throughout each chapter
- Links to other parts of the course, curriculum and to the Classroom-Based Assessments fully integrate learning
- Revision Questions consolidate comprehension of the topic
- Chapter on preparing for Food Literacy Skills Brief and Practical Food Skills Exam
- Bulleted summaries at the end of each chapter aid revision
- Discovery Learning activities throughout give ideas for students’ active learning
- Further Investigation sections provide references for students to websites of interest
- ‘Don’t Forget!’ clouds encourage the key skills
- Links to Teacher’s Resource Book provide integrated extra activities