Construction Technology is from the market-leading author of Construction Studies Today. It covers the design and construction of sustainable homes.
Construction Technology – Leaving Certificate Construction Studies
Construction Technology is a textbook from the market-leading author of Construction Studies Today that comprehensively covers the design and construction of sustainable homes to meet both the Building Regulations and the Passive House Standard.
- Written by Ireland’s leading authority on Construction Studies for Leaving Certificate, Trevor Hickey
- Completely up to date with current Building Regulations and the Passive House Standard
- All you need for the Leaving Certificate exam
Why Construction Technology?
- Provides complete design drawings for three types of new houses demonstrating six structural systems
- Two themes run through the text:
- Design – the idea that homes must be consciously designed to ensure they perform as required
- Sustainability – the idea that the long-term impact of every aspect of home design must be considered
- The content is divided into three distinct areas with a strong emphasis on design throughout:
- Context – looks at the bigger picture issues that influence the design of homes, including global and national issues, urban design, rural design and accessibility
- Structure – looks at how a home is built with a particular emphasis on the external envelope
- Comfort and low energy – looks at how a comfortable indoor environment is created without the need to consume surplus energy
- Learning activities get students thinking about and working on relevant concepts
- Key principles and concepts are highlighted in student-friendly bullet point lists in every chapter
- Each topic reflects the latest knowledge and best practice design and construction methods being used in Ireland and abroad
- A detailed index and glossary of key terms included for easy reference