Written by the authors of the best-selling Leaving Certificate Art textbook, Appreciating Art, New Appreciating Art has everything you need to cover Visual Studies and prepare for the written exam.
- All Sections of Focus are covered to provide you with maximum choice and to provide ample inspiration for practical work
- All chapters in the Europe and Ireland Content Areas are carefully structured under the six elements as headings, to ensure that learning is aligned to the requirements of the specification
- Illustrated timelines at the start of each unit place the artistic movements in context
- Up-to-date content with units on Modernism and Post-1960s Art and a section on Today’s World with ‘Meet the Artist’ profiles on contemporary Irish artists
- Attractive design, images and layout, student-friendly writing, key terms and definitions and a glossary make the content accessible and support the use of critical and visual language
- A useful Introduction to Visual Studies and engaging Research, Create and Respond activities integrate the practical and theoretical parts of the course and support learning across all strands
- Annotated photos and artworks with composition analysis diagrams foster analytical skills
- Chapter Reviews include questions that increase in difficulty from fact retrieval to open-ended higher-order questions and questions on unseen pieces of artwork to allow for differentiation
Free eBook of this textbook: See inside front cover for details. Gill Education eBooks can be accessed both online and offline!
New Appreciating Art is supported by a suite of digital resources, all easily accessible on www.gillexplore.ie:
- Extra in-depth material for selected Sections of Focus
- A PowerPoint presentation for each unit
- Carefully chosen web links and videos
- Printable timeline posters for each period
- Editable planning documents