With exam-focused detail and a student-friendly layout, Modern Home Economics is a new all-in-one package for Leaving Certificate Ordinary and Higher Level Home Economics, guiding students to success in the exams.
- Written by a Home Economics teacher and examiner with over 30 years’ experience
- Fully up-to-date with current information and statistics
- Packed with exam tips and revision advice in ‘Exam Focus’ feature
- Revision questions at the end of each topic, along with the year the topic appeared on the exam for ease of reference.
- Learning intentions and keywords at the start of each topic help embed learning
- Syllabus cross-referencing throughout
- Meaningful literacy and numeracy links through the ‘Key Terms’ and ‘Sum Skills’ features
- ‘Further Investigation’ feature links to relevant websites for additional learning
- Higher-Level-only material is clearly labelled
Every textbook comes with a free eBook!
The all-in-one Modern Home Economics Student Handbook, alongside Modern Home Economics, helps students to achieve their maximum potential through active and effective learning and revision:
- Section 1: Practical Coursework
- Section 2: Recipes
- Section 3: Questions
- FREE online Teacher Resource Book, containing additional active learning classroom activities, relevant websites, revision and exam support material, a glossary of key definitions, and AfL ideas.
- Additional online resources, including PowerPoint presentations, chapter learning checklists, videos, class tests and blank student journal templates, are available on GillExplore.ie, our digital resources platform.