Poetry Focus 2023
Leaving Certificate Poems & Notes for English Higher Level
This established and best-selling poetry anthology for Leaving Certificate Higher Level English is the definitive guide to achieving top marks in the 2023 exam.
For each poet, Poetry Focus 2023 provides these unique exam-focused features:
- Critical Literacy notes on each poem include a focused discussion of theme and style
- Writing About the Poem sections provide sample paragraphs with Examiner’s Comments, which help students articulate their responses to the highest standard
- Examination-style Class/Homework Exercises develop effective writing skills
- Revision Overviews provide summaries and visual memory aids for exam preparation
- Guidelines and sample questions and answers for the Unseen Poetry question
- Sample Leaving Cert questions, full essays, plans, marking scheme guidelines and Examiner’s Comments accompany each poet
Poetry Focus comes with a FREE eBook! See the inside front cover for details. Gill Education eBooks are accessible both online and offline.
Extra features in your eBook:
- Audio feature exclusive to Poetry Focus: Listen to Paula Meehan and Derek Mahon read a selection of their prescribed poems
- Selected key quotes for each poem in pop-up feature
- Additional sample graded paragraphs on each poet with Examiner’s Comments support students in developing their personal response
- Investigate Further feature provides carefully selected weblinks
Digital Resources for Poetry Focus 2023 are also available to teachers on GillExplore.ie, our resources platform.
Paperback, 464 pages
Country of Origin
By Martin Kieran and Frances Rocks
Availability StatusNot yet published
MARTIN KIERAN and FRANCES ROCKS are experienced teachers and examiners who have written several Leaving Certificate English textbooks, including Language Lessons (HL) and the Gill Shakespeare Focus series.
MARTIN has worked for many years at both Senior Advising and Chief Advising levels for Leaving Certificate (HL) English.
FRANCES delivers in-service workshops for second-level teachers of English throughout the country.