Poetry Focus 2021
Leaving Certificate Poems & Notes for English Higher Level
This established poetry anthology for Leaving Certificate Higher Level is the definitive guide to achieving top marks in the 2021 exam.
For each poet, Poetry Focus 2021 provides these unique exam-focused features:
- Critical Literacy notes on each poem provide a focused discussion of theme and style
- Writing About the Poem sections provide graded sample paragraphs with examiner’s comments, which help students articulate their responses to the highest standard
- Examination-style class/homework exercises develop effective writing skills
- UPDATED: Sample Leaving Cert questions, full essays, plans, marking scheme guidelines and examiner’s comments
- Revision Overviews provide a concise and visual summary of each poet’s work
- UPDATED: Unseen Poetry guidelines and sample questions and answers
- Exciting design promotes accessibility
Free eBook with this textbook! See inside front cover for details.
Extra features in your eBook:
- Exciting audio feature: Listen to Eavan Boland, Paul Durcan and Seamus Heaney read a selection of their poems!
- Selected key quotes for each poem in pop-up feature
- Additional sample graded paragraphs on each poet with examiner’s comments
- Investigate Further feature provides carefully selected and placed weblinks
Digital Resources for Poetry Focus 2021 are also available to teachers on GillExplore.ie, our resources platform.
Paperback, 450 pages
Country of Origin
By Martin Kieran By Frances Rocks
By Martin Kieran and Frances Rocks
Martin Kieran and Frances Rocks are experienced teachers and examiners who have written several Leaving Certificate English textbooks, including Language Lessons and the Gill Shakespeare Focus series. Martin has worked for many years at both Senior Advising and Chief Advising levels for Leaving Certificate (HL) English. Frances delivers in-service workshops for second level teachers of English throughout the country.