Poetry Focus 2020
Leaving Certificate Poems & Notes for English Higher Level
This established poetry anthology for Leaving Certificate Higher Level, now with an exciting new layout, is the definitive guide to achieving top marks in the 2020 exam.
For each poet, Poetry Focus 2020 provides these unique exam-focused features:
- Critical Literacy notes on each poem provide a focused discussion of theme and style
- Writing About the Poem sections provide graded sample paragraphs with examiner’s comments, which help students articulate their responses to the highest standard
- Examination-style class/homework exercises develop effective writing skills
- UPDATED: Sample Leaving Cert questions, full essays, plans, marking scheme guidelines and examiner’s comments
- NEW! Revision Overviews provide a concise and visual summary of each poet’s work
- NEW! Unseen Poetry guidelines and sample questions and answers
- NEW! Exciting new design promotes accessibility
Free eBook with this textbook! See inside front cover for details.
Extra features in your eBook:
- Exciting audio feature: Listen to the poets reading their work!
- Selected key quotes for each poem in pop-up feature
- Additional sample graded paragraphs on each poet with examiner’s comments
- Investigate Further feature provides carefully selected and placed weblinks
Digital Resources for Poetry Focus 2020 are also available to teachers on GillExplore.ie, our resources platform.
MARTIN KIERAN and FRANCES ROCKS are experienced teachers and examiners who have written several Leaving Certificate English textbooks. Martin has worked for many years as Chief Advising Examiner for Leaving Certificate Higher Level English. Frances delivers in-service workshops for second-level English teachers throughout the country.
Paperback, 450 pages
Country of Origin
296 x 210 mm
By Martin Kieran By Frances Rocks
By Martin Kieran and Frances Rocks