Leaving Certificate English Paper 1 Ordinary Level
THE ONE-STOP GUIDE TO ORDINARY LEVEL ENGLISH PAPER 1
Language Lessons Ordinary Level is a focused and practical guide to achieving top marks in Ordinary Level English Paper 1.
- Written by an experienced Ordinary Level teacher with the specific needs of the Ordinary Level student in mind
- Scaffolding, prompts for beginning an answer, and accessible tips for picking up marks provide solutions for the recurring difficulties that may be experienced by Ordinary Level students
- Practical, student-focused approach bridges the gap between Junior Cycle and Leaving Certificate English, developing Ordinary Level students’ ability to compose longer and more structured answers
- Past exam questions with realistic sample and modelled answers
- Write-in element encourages self-editing and guides students towards confidence in answering exam questions
- Clear guides on the appropriate structure and register required for each genre in Composing Section
- Wide range of extracts on modern and topical issues relevant to Leaving Certificate students in the Comprehending Section
- Essential grammar and spelling revision
- Focus on visual literacy
- Consistent focus on PCLM marking scheme
Free eBook of this textbook (see inside front cover for details). Gill Education eBooks can be accessed both online and offline!
Dan Stynes is a teacher with 12 years’ experience working in St Paul’s CBS, a DEIS school in Dublin 1. He has also taught for 10 years at the Institute of Education, Leeson Street, where he delivers classes focused on intense revision, with a strong emphasis on practical tips and advice for tackling the exam.
Paperback, 200 pages
Country of Origin
By Dan Stynes
By Dan Stynes