Don’t just study business… Be Business!
Be Business covers the three years of common level Junior Cycle Business. Containing straightforward explanations integrated with activity-based learning, it skilfully facilitates student learning, planning, investigating and research. Be Business fosters a learning experience beyond the classroom and plants the seeds of enterprise.
- Each strand is introduced using learning outcomes and key explanations.
- Dedicated sections are given for each of the three strands: Personal Finance, Enterprise and Our Economy.
- Each unit is linked to a learning outcome to ensure alignment with the Specification.
- Units are framed by relevant ‘Learning Intentions’ and ‘Key Concepts’.
- Key themes such as technology, globalisation, ethics and sustainability are integrated throughout.
- ‘Time to Think’ encourages students to think about the bigger picture and relate topics to their own lives.
- ‘Working with Others’ tasks offer the opportunity for creative pair and group work.
- Regular ‘Checking In’ questions can be used as a form of ongoing assessment and for homework.
- Easy-to-follow ‘mind maps’ at the end of each unit link the learning outcomes and are a great revision tool.
- The ‘Be Prepared’ sections facilitate students to evaluate their learning and support their progression.
- Clear success criteria are provided where appropriate.
- ‘Be Creative’, ‘Be Numerate’, ‘Be Literate’ etc. signpost to students the skills they are learning.
- Material is generated for students’ classroom-based assessments, Business in Action and Presentation, and links made across topics in preparation for the final examination.
- A Business Studies key term glossary is given at the back of the book.
There is a FREE eBOOK with this textbook!
The Be Business Workbook, alongside Be Business, helps students to achieve their maximum potential through enjoyable, active and effective learning.
- The Be Business Teacher’s Resource Book provides valuable additional material to encourage active learning and group work such as:
o Ideas on how to structure lessons and approach the Specification
o Appropriate assessment tools
o A variety of practical teaching ideas and strategies
o Templates and graphic organisers
- GillExplore.ie gives teachers easy access to all the digital material and other supporting resources for Be Business, including:
o Excel accounts
o Unit PowerPoints
o Supports for planning