TAKE THE PROBLEM OUT OF PROBLEM-SOLVING
Super Sleuth is a unique maths series for 1st to 6th Class that gives pupils and teachers strategies to effectively develop problem-solving skills. Designed to be used hand-in-hand with any core maths programme, it is the ideal problem-solving solution for your classroom.
- Focuses on the ten main problem-solving strategies, developing problem-solving skills, encouraging higher order thinking and enabling pupils to take responsibility for their own learning.
- Trial and improvement
- Working backwards
- Working systematically
- Logical reasoning
- Make a table
- Act it out
- Make a model
- Introduces the CLUES acronym, a teacher- and pupil-friendly framework developed uniquely for Super Sleuth to tackle the most common problem-solving difficulties experienced in Irish classrooms.
- Consolidates the learning of problem-solving skills through worked examples and astep-by-step approach
- Places an emphasis on developing mathematical language and a positive attitude towards problem-solving
Teacher’s Digital Resources
Teacher’s digital resources for Super Sleuth are easily accessible on our digital resources platform www.gillexplore.ie:
- FREE teacher eBook
- Full set of answers
- Problem-solving framework posters
- ‘Maths Trails’ questions for teachers to create personalised trails