Over the Moon is a complete Primary English Language Programme, which is fully aligned with the Primary Language Curriculum.
This Skills Book includes activities to support all components of the Over the Moon 4th Class literacy programme. It follows a thematic approach over 18 units of work, allowing for the integration of the three strands, Reading, Writing and Oral Language, in a meaningful way.
The other components of the Over the Moon Programme for 4th Class are:
- Reader containing 18 units with genre-based extracts from a wide variety of new and well-loved children’s literature
- My Literacy Portfolio included FREE with the Skills Book. Provides opportunities for pupil response and reflection
- Pupil Assessment Booklet for termly assessment – available to purchase, or available free to adopting teachers to download online on www.gillexplore.ie.
- A comprehensive Teacher’s Toolkit FREE to adopting classes:
10 beautiful picture books
Supporting digital library, including:
- Oral language text type videos and activities
- eBooks of the Reader and Skills Book
Teacher’s Planning and Resource Book, including:
- Yearly overview and fortnightly plans, comprehensively mapped to the PLC
- Detailed, menu-style lesson plans for all components of the programme
- Picture book lesson notes for explicit teacher modelling
- Literacy stations
Downloadable resources, including:
- Literacy station teaching materials
- Differentiation worksheets
- Assessment checklists and rubrics