Revised and updated edition of this comprehensive introduction to the world of sociology incorporating key contemporary issues, with particular reference to the Irish perspective.
The revised NFQ Level 5 Social Studies module [5N1370] as part of the following major awards:
Suitable also for those studying BTEC and HETAC subjects within the fields of Social Science and Healthcare.
1. Introduction to Sociology
2. Concepts and Processes of Socialisation and the Acquisition of Culture
3. Major Sociological Perspectives and Theories
4. Methods of Research and Social Investigation
5. Sociology of the Family
6. Social Stratification in Irish Society
7. Gender Socialisation
8. Deviance and Social Control
9. Ageing and Older People
10. Race and Ethnicity
11. Sociology of Health
12. Demography and Urbanisation
Bernadette McDonald teaches Sociology in Cavan Institute of Technology.