A comprehensive introduction to the theory and practice of child development and learning within early childhood care and education settings, with particular focus on the holistic development of the child to include physical, cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional, moral, spiritual, creative and cultural development.
1. Overview of Child Development
2. Prenatal Development and Birth
3. Assessment and Child Observation
4. Physical Growth and Development
5. Cognitive Development
6. Language Development
7. Social Development
8. Emotional Development
9. Assessment of Child Development Modules
Eilis Flood teaches Childcare at Drogheda Institute of Further Education. She is the author of Assisting Children with Special Needs, and co-author of Early Care & Education Practice, Early Childhood Education & Play and Early Childhood Curriculum FETAC Level 6.