Theory and Practice for Students in Ireland
Updated edition of this authoritative introduction to management, incorporating theory and practice, with emphasis on the changed Irish and global business environments.
- Extensively revised, this edition includes:
- historical and recent developments in the Irish business sector, supported by new data, trends, legislation and policy
- emphasis on the role of ethics in business and management today, with specific reference to Irish case studies
- the changed global business environment; its challenges and impact
- an introduction to change management, its pivotal link with innovation, and it’s strategic role in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Includes many new case studies, vignettes and bestpractice examples, reflecting today’s workplace in a variety of industries and sectors.
- Provides practical information and examples in how to apply management theory in a changing and challenging work environment.
- Engaging examples as well as skill-building and application exercises in each chapter help students understand and apply basic management principles.
Management courses at diploma or degree level, and professional examinations with a management module
€39.99 VAT Inc.
Paperback, 384 pages
Country of Origin
1. Management Concepts and Evolution
2. Development of the Irish Business Sector
3. Global Business Environment
5. Planning and Decision-making
6. Organisational Structure and Design
7. Managing HR
8. Leadership and Motivation
10. Change and Innovation
246 x 188 mm
By Siobhan D. Tiernan By Michael J. Morley
Dr Siobhán Tiernan is a lecturer in Management/Aviation Management at the Kemmy Business School, University of Limerick.
Michael J. Morley is Professor of Management at the Kemmy Business School, University of Limerick, where he teaches international management. He is the current Chair of the Irish Academy of Management.