· Presents the essential rules of Criminal Law followed by details and exceptions
· Written in a clear and accessible style, helping students to learn logically and understand this area of law
· Provides short application problems for assessment at the end of each chapter, with answers at the end of the book
· Includes a chapter on how to answer Criminal Law questions
· Can be used by students throughout the year as a summary of topics or as a revision aid at the end of the course
· Suitable for those studying Criminal Law in Institutes of Technology, Private Colleges and Universities.
New to this edition · Examination of the major changes brought about by: - CC v. Ireland and the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act 2006 - Criminal Justice Act 2006 and Criminal Justice Act 2007 - Criminal Law (Insanity) Act 2006
· Covers new developments in the areas of: - Mens Rea - Provocation
Kathleen Moore Walsh lectures in Tort and Criminal Law at Waterford Institute of Technology.