Fire and Ice is the ONLY up-to-date programme available for the new Junior Cycle English Specification. Reflecting the revised Junior Cycle framework 2015 and containing the most current year plan, it is also the only programme written with knowledge of the SEC sample papers and including information from various guidelines published between December 2015 and March 2016.
Fire and Ice 2 for second and third year students completes the Fire and Ice series for Junior Cycle English. Book 2 continues to fire the imagination and provide inspiring content, while also providing preparation for the different forms of assessment that will be encountered in second and third year leading to the Junior Cycle Student Award (JCSA).
Key Features of the book:
- Rich and varied content is arranged into five interesting and inspiring themes
- Five genre chaptersare designed to accompany and support the study of short story, poetry, drama, novel, film and oral literacy
- Learning outcomes are referenced for teachers and translated into easy-to-follow spidergrams
- Lessons are framed by a skill-based learning intention, ‘What I Will Learn’
- Each collection builds the skills required to complete end-of-chapter oral and written tasks
- The PIE strategy (point, illustrate, explain) helps in answering questions comprehensively
- Carefully chosen video and audio material is integrated into lessons and is accessible in your free eBook
- Clear success criteria are provided for all summative tasks and many other tasks throughout the collections
- A detailed assessment chapter includes guidance and advice as well as valuable sample Reflection Notes, Assessment Tasks and exam answers
FREE My Collection of Texts booklet: Includes a booklet for the final four texts – from which two will be chosen for the CBA2 – with information and advice about how to present these texts.
There is a FREE eBOOK with this textbook! Your unique code is on the inside front cover.
- The Teacher’s Resource Book provides valuable additional material to encourage active learning and group work.
- The FREE eBook blends all the digital resources available for the textbook in one place: videos/podcasts; audio of poems and stories in the book; weblinks and YouTube references.
All of the digital material and supporting digital resources for teachers are available on GillExplore.ie, our smart, reliable and easy-to-use resources platform.