Fire and Ice is the ONLY up-to-date programme available for the new Junior Cycle English Specification. Reflecting the revised Junior Cycle framework 2015 and containing the most current year plan, it is also the only programme written with knowledge of the SEC sample papers and including information from various guidelines published between December 2015 and March 2016.
Fire and Ice 1 is an exciting textbook for students of first year English. It fires the imagination, making the English classroom an enjoyable and creative environment whilst also teaching that cool, intelligent, careful attention to clarity and accuracy builds confidence in spoken and written English. Written for the new Junior Cycle course, the Fire and Ice series has been carefully compiled to help you achieve all the objectives of the course. Fire and Ice 2 completes the series for second and third year students.
Key features of the book:
- Rich and varied content is arranged into interesting and inspiring themes
- Learning outcomes are referenced for teachers and translated into student-friendly spidergrams
- Each lesson is framed by a skill-based learning intention,‘What I Will Learn’
- Each collection builds the skills required to complete end-of-chapter oral and written tasks
- The PIE strategy (point, illustrate, explain) helps in answering questions comprehensively
- ‘Mind Your Language’sections focus on the grammatical rudiments of English, supporting writing skills
- Carefully chosen video and audio material is integrated into lessons and is accessible in your free eBook
- Clear success criteria are provided for all summative tasks and many other tasks throughout the collections
There is a FREE eBOOK with this textbook! Your unique code is on the inside front cover.
The Teacher’s Resource Book provides valuable additional material to encourage active learning and group work.
- Yearly Lesson Plan and other planning guidelines
- Reflection templates for portfolio tasks and oral communication
- Lesson Worksheets/Graphic Organisers/Differentiated Worksheets
The FREE eBook blends all the digital resources available for the textbook in one place:
- Videos/Podcasts (Adverts/Short Films/Documentaries, etc.)
- Audio of poems and stories in the book
- Weblinks and YouTube references
All of the digital material and supporting digital resources for teachers are available on GillExplore.ie, our smart, reliable and easy-to-use resources platform.